Recipe by: kattjovi
- 1 1/2 cups yellow lentils
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 medium onions chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Soak lentils overnight then drain lentils and put into a saucepan with vegetable stock powder, salt and approximately 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 tablespoon tumeric. Cover with water.
- Bring lentils to boil, then simmer until soft. (Approx 20 -30 mins) DO NOT DRAIN
- In a large saucepan heat some olive oil. Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, mustard seed, cumin, coriander, rest of turmeric, paprika and salt to taste
- Stir gently to combine ingredients and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. - adjust seasonings to taste
- Add to lentils, stir thoroughly so all ingredients are combined.
- Serve with rice
Recipes provided by allrecipes.com.au